Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Halfway to Friday

I cruised through another day of tracking food. I cannot believe how much easier it is to be honest with myself and track things when I know that I will be reporting to blogosphere (OK, in all reality probably just Ivy and Claire). I'm sure that it will rub off eventually, but until it does I am happy to take advantage of it.

This morning I met Mandee and lifted for 40 minutes. At lunch I went outside and ran for 40. The run SUCKED. My legs muscles were tight and running was actually painful. I ended up taking far more walking breaks than I normally do. After work I did level 1 of the DVD. I think I'm now at the point where I need to do level 2 unless I run prior to doing the DVD (because I want to die doing level 1 after I run).

Last week Ivy suggested I wear a pedometer around Sturgis Falls so I'm aware of how far I've walked. I ended up not wearing it because I biked 30 miles on Saturday morning. I have been wearing this week at work and my goal has been to reach 15k steps. On my off days I'm going to try to keep it at 10k. So far I've met my goal every day. I'll probably keep track of how I'm doing with steps on the blog too.

Do you have any tricks you use to keep yourself on track?

2 comments:

  1. You go, Sarah Jane! You are so much more ambitious than me with your workout plans. I think I'm doing good when I can flail my way through Level 2 with no additional cardio. But Level 2 is getting easier, so I think after London I'll try moving up. I heard about a new pedometer-type thingie called a FitBit - the blogger writing about it called it a "pedometer that makes out with the Internet". I want to buy it based on that description alone. :)

    Blogging is a great way to keep myself on track. I also like tracking food (I use Calorie Count on About.com) so I can see the "net calorie deficit" on the analysis page. It's simple math people - if I'm burning more than I'm taking in, I'm bound to lose fat eventually. That keeps me motivated when I'm not actually *seeing* the changes I want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go with the pedometer achievement! And 40 minutes of lifting!?! That's one great attention span you have!

    I think it's especially hard with running to not expect to have your best run every time out. But that's just not realistic. Try not to judge. Do what you can with your body at the time, otherwise you'll injure yourself. And as much as I sometimes giggle at your hip injuries, it's probably not so much fun for you.

    ReplyDelete