Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finding my Stride

Where have I been? I've been at home. Being lazy. Eating too much. I did great on Saturday (getting a 40 mile ride in makes it easy to eat within your calories). Sunday and Monday were another story.

The problem with a day or two off isn't that I cheat on those days. It's that it is so hard to eat a normal amount after just a couple of snack filled days. By 10 AM this morning I'd had peanut M&M's and some Bunny Crackers. I decided to let loose in the morning and make up for it later.

At lunch I met Mandee for some elliptical and catching up (we both slept in). After work I ran 3 miles and did the DVD. I only did level 1 but I upped my weights from 5 lbs to 8 lbs for the second set of weights and the chest fly in circuit 3. Running felt great. It really clears my head and helps me focus on what I need to get done.

I'm headed to Davenport this weekend for another wedding. One bad day won't kill me as long as I can get myself to immediately refocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment