Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Abbreviated Run and Extended Happy Hour

Today I had a meeting at noon and 1. That meant that I didn't get down to run until 2. I knew we were headed to happy hour before 5 so I kept my run short. I ran for 30 min at 5.5 with no walking breaks.

At happy hour I didn't have any of the tasty appetizers. I just had two beers. I would be sitting pretty were it not for the mid-morning snack of white sheet cake.

I haven't mentioned it, but my boss is in town. She is normally in Columbus. My boss is awesome. She is fun and smart and if she actually lived in Des Moines I would change jobs so I could be her friend. As it is she lives in Ohio so I can hang out with her when she's here and the whole boss thing isn't too weird. Because she lives in Columbus and I get to see her 2 to 4 times a year when she is here we go out a lot. Yesterday was dinner at the Flying Mango. Tonight was happy hour at Court Ave. Tomorrow is dinner out again. I'm loving it and having a wonderful time. I just don't know how to lose weight while having two or (if I'm feeling crazy) three drinks a night.

Have you ever lost weight while imbibing in work related dinners, cocktails, and cake? How did you do it?

1 comment:

  1. I have been successful by sticking to wine. I suppose there are other caloric equivalents, but most involve caffeine mixed with boring booze. So if I have wine and an appealing enough salad for food, I can succeed on the scale. But the only way that's really worked is if I have done enough tasty home cooking for tastebud (read
    controlled indulgence) so the salad doesn't require total deprivation.

    ReplyDelete