Monday, August 30, 2010

Grief Bacon

According to Jennette Fulda in Half-Assed the German word for the weight you gain from emotional eating literally translates to grief bacon. I've been eating a lot of grief bacon this week, and I've decided it's time to stop. I've been skipping workouts and eating way too much. It hasn't made losing Cooper any easier, but it has made it harder to button my pants.

I've decided to get back on track. Today I was at the gym at 7 to lift and at 12 to do cardio. I met Hot Toddy after work for a 75 minute walk. I tracked my food. In just one week I've expanded my stomach and have lost perspective on what makes a normal meal. It will take a few days to get back on track, but I'll do it (especially because Ivy is back on track now, and reading about her weight loss inspires mine).

My motivating tune today is one of my favorite get your butt working song. The video is poor quality, but it's the best I could find.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, kummerspeck. The Germans are excellent at coining words (usually with two dozen extra consonants) that precisely describe what we are going through. They're also excellent at totalitarian regimes, but we won't go into that (especially since I'm one-quarter German myself). I am glad you are coming back, my friend - I have missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete