Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dinner Out....Again....

I go out to eat a lot. Usually once or twice during the week and 2-3 times on the weekend. It's my chosen form of entertainment. But it's getting old. It's really hard to eat well when you are at the restaurant where the onion rings were voted best of Des Moines. So tonight, at Maxie's with friends from my old gym, I ate too much. Not so much that I will gain weight, but enough that I won't lose. The worst part is the onion rings weren't that good. They were not worth it. If I knew then what I know now I would have skipped the onion rings and fries and gone with wine instead.

I ran for 30 minutes at lunch. At the end of the 5 min cool down I had exactly 3 miles done. My left hip flexor and hamstring are sore, so running wasn't as comfortable as normal. If I'm still off tomorrow I'm going to do the elliptical and some weights instead of running.

1 comment:

  1. I've just gotten caught up on this. I'm not even trying to lose weight and I find it hard to maintain a healthy life style. Eating out is GOOD and a great way to spend time with friends & I don't want to give it up! I wish I had magical words for you but I'm sure you've heard them all. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete