Friday, August 6, 2010

A Good Fail

Today I went out to lunch instead of working out. I had spinach and artichoke pizza with an alfredo sauce, root beer, and egg rolls. It was divine. After work I had a work sponsored happy hour. It was my intention to go for one glass of wine. Three hours, three glasses of red wine, a mini crab cake, and some cheese later I was on my way home (note passage of time between drinks and food consumed).

On my way home I decided I shouldn't run. I've worked out 4 days in a row, and my muscles have been really tight. I decided some time off would be good. When I was walking Cooper I realized I was very tired. Either I was going to be asleep before John was done with his bike ride or I was going to have to get moving. I opted to get moving and ran three miles.

These were not the fastest miles ever. Amazingly they were faster than my normal runs two months ago. It kind of sucked. I kept telling myself I could stop after the next song. I did take one walk break, but ran three miles total.

I went over my calorie goal for the day. Running three miles does not make up for my lunch and happy hour. Even though I am at a net gain for the day I feel really good about they day. I know that the next time I go to happy hour I will stick to one glass of wine (running after three *really* sucks). I feel like I'm making progress even if the scale doesn't agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment