Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just one basil martini away from giving up...

I went to happy hour tonight with some co-workers. I had one martini and a few snacks. I did recognize that I need to keep it to one drink. If I had two I'm pretty sure I would have eaten everything on the menu. I try not to go to happy hour when I'm just getting in gear, it is too easy to fall off the wagon.

Today I tracked my calories. I lifted at 7 and did a run/walk combo for 3 miles at lunch. My hip isn't back to normal yet, but it doesn't really hurt. I had to walk much more than I normally do. It will probably take a while to get my running mojo back.

I'm very stressed at work at the moment. I'm actually going to log off of this computer and fire up my work laptop in a moment. I have a hard time focusing when I'm working 10 hour days. What do you do to keep motivated when work is going crazy?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you posting again! My best motivator is the f'ing scale. When I'm at my busiest, a lot of working out and food choices slip away, but I do my best to just not gain. And I pretty religiously keep up my 3 hours of yoga.

    Do you think a happy medium exists where you can balance some more convenient food and some (but not your ideal amount of) exercise? Speaking of more convenient food, Trader Joe's is opening soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have to work a lot or I'm stressed I try to have quick but healthy food around - carrot sticks & celery sticks in the fridge for some crunch (which is good for stress). I also am sure to drink a ton of water so I don't eat a lot & so I stay hydrated.

    You can do it!!! I hope the work crap settles down soon!

    ReplyDelete